March 8, 2018
This isn’t going to be big. After a medical procedure, my body and mind are protesting against much activity. Yet, I want to connect with you, even if briefly. So, here a few short words.
One recent morning I was being still: shutting out noise, shutting out activity, being aware of the presence of God.
In our culture this is not the easiest thing. (Here’s a place that is helpful.)
This simple statement presented itself to my eyes: “I am free“.
Yes, I am free:
- from condemnation.
- from eternal death.
- from needing the approval of people.
- from the need to impress.
- from the fears of every day life.
- to live as the person God has created me to be.
- from religious duty.
- from needing religious approval.
- from legalism.
- from being bound by desires for things that will never last.
- from punishment.
- from the unforgiveness others may have toward me.
- from the unforgiveness I may have had toward others.
- from past sins.
- from the weakness of human hope.
- from hoping in pitiful little human dreams.
- from pronouncements made over me that do not come from a deep faith in the Almighty.
- from the wind of opinion that overwhelms our culture.
There are more. On days like this, when weakness has manifested and strength is dissipated, these are good reminders.
This is not to say that some of the listed things do not beckon at times, but they do not rule me. This is the power of God.
Are you free? You can be.
Connect with me if you want to know more.
May your days be extraordinary.
God is faithful to carry
the load of the day